Author Topic: 2005-08-22: August Meeting VoIP Follow-up  (Read 2825 times)

jfwilson

2005-08-22: August Meeting VoIP Follow-up
« on: September 26, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »
For those of you who, like me, attended last month’s MUGOO meeting, I was a little confused about the relationship between the Vonage presentation and the Macintosh platform.

And honestly, it seemed an inappropriate venue to be discussing, through a public presentation, the merits and drawbacks of telecommunications services: being quite negative about one brand, and providing flyers and actively promoting another.

Since I work for Bell, and am aware of the strides Bell has made over the past 3 years in the VoIP market, I thought I’d try to restore a modicum of balance, and provide you with information about the Bell services now available in this market.  This is public information, and it is available at the bell.ca website: http://www.digitalvoice.bell.ca/Overview/ .

You’ll notice that there are two VoIP products available: Bell Digital Voice (based on the current wireline service, so providing a similar level of quality and service) and Bell Digital Voice Lite (requiring IP access, and targeted at those looking for a second line).  While the latter service is available to you now in Ottawa; the wireline-based BDV service has just begun, starting in Toronto and Hamilton, before complete deployment.

Although I do not work on this particular set of services, if anyone has a question or would like more information about these services, please let me know, and I’ll do my best to get your questions answered.

Thanks,
John Wilson
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 08:29:04 AM by AdminMan »