• Welcome to MUGOO Message Board.

News:

Many thanks to Dan Millar for creating our board logo, the "mapple"! 
To go to the main MUGOO website, click the big banner above ...

Main Menu

Members in Orleans: Meeting Possible?

Started by DEWLine, September 17, 2005, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEWLine

Wondering if there's anyone else here who lives in the east end, particularly in Orleans. I'd imagine it's a fair-sized hike to get out to the Sportsplex, right?

sam

DEWLine

So I'm guessing that there's not that many people using Macs out here in Orleans, but maybe enough for a get-together if we throw in everything between downtown and Orleans for good measure?

DEWLine

Right, then. Not enough people here who hail from the east end to justify organizing a meeting of our own, I take it?

George

I'm a new Mac user and wished the MUGOO meeting was in the east end of the city as well. It would be great if it was at the Orleans Sportsplex instead of the Nepean sportsplex.   :)

DEWLine

Okay, that's two of us.

And perhaps there's more than one option besides the Orleans Sportsplex. I'd also suggest as options:

• The Cumberland or Orleans branches of the Ottawa Public Library
  • Chapters-Gloucester

Cumberland Branch is attached to the Ray Friel Centre, so there's more entertainment options for those interested in amateur sports as well.

Chapters-Gloucester has the advantage of being close to halfway between Orleans and Centretown.

Additional thoughts, anyone?

George

Another option would be if the location is easy to get to by bus.  :)
For example, I used to go to the Linux users group (before I got a Mac) and it is at the Ottawa Public Library downtown, and before that, at Algonquin College (Rideau Campus).  Both locations were easy to get to by bus because they were on the transitway.

DEWLine

Chapters-Gloucester(and Nickels, AND the food court at Gloucester Centre Mall) fits that bill, being within 5-10 mins. walking distance of Blair Transitway Station, as I recall. I've gone to more than a few writing workshops there over the last couple of years.

sam

What about Ottawa U students...I'm on campus...

-Sam

Allan

I think downtown will be find, Nepean is too far away, and I don't have car.

sam

cbales

I'm at St. Laurent and Hemlock.  East End would be cool for me as well.