• Welcome to MUGOO Message Board.

News:

Many thanks to Dan Millar for creating our board logo, the "mapple"! 
To go to the main MUGOO website, click the big banner above ...

Main Menu

Spring Cleaning Computer Equipment - Expansion chases and graphics cards

Started by marcservant, March 27, 2022, 07:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcservant

Here is part 2 of my spring cleaning activities...thunderbolt expansion chassis and graphics cards.

1.  1.  Sonnet Radeon RX 560 eGFX Breakaway Puck. $200

The Sonnet Radeon RX 560 eGFX Breakaway Puck uses the Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s) interface to provide your computer with the full performance of the included AMD Radeon RX 560 GPU. The Puck features a compact form factor that houses an AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics card. With 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM, the Puck can dramatically accelerate popular graphics-intensive games and professional applications on your Thunderbolt 3-compatible laptop, all-in-one desktop, or compact desktop tower. The preinstalled GPU features three DisplayPort 1.4 outputs and an HDMI 2.0 output. You can also connect up to four 4K displays simultaneously, thanks to AMD's Eyefinity technology. The Puck powers and charges your computer while connected, even when not in use, with 60 watts of pass-through power. It measures 6" wide, 5.1" deep, and 2" tall, the Puck has a small footprint and can fit easily into a computer bag or backpack.  It measures 6" wide, 5.1" deep, and 2" tall.

2.  2.  OWC Mercury Helios FX external thunderbolt 3 PCIe 3.0 enclosure with a Radeon RX580 video card. $500

This enclosure provides a Thunderbolt 3 external chassis for any driverless PCIe card or PCIe card with a Thunderbolt-aware driver. Compatible with macOS 10.13.4 and Windows 10 or later. I used it on a 2018 Mac Mini with great results. It does not work with Apple M1 macs. The expansion slot is a PCIe 3.0 (x4). The enclosure has a 550W power supply and supports cards up to 350W. I'm selling this enclosure with a RADEON RX 580 GPU with 8GB of GDDR5 ram. The card is HDR-ready, with AMDFreeSync 2, DirectX 12, and can output via 3 x Display Port (1.4), 1 x HDMI 2.0, and Dual-Link DVI.

Both of these are up on Kijiji if anyone wants to see some pictures.

Cheers

--
Marc Servant
marcservant@icloud.com
Marc Servant